Shabby Butterfly Wall Plaque by DT Member Karen
Good morning friends, Karen here today with my next design team project for
I have created an altered CD for this project.
To begin with, I took my cd and traced around it on to white card stock and cut it out using tacky glue I adhered the card to both sides of the CD. I then decoupaged the watercoloured rose napkin onto both sides.
Next, I added a large applique piece to the front of the plaque and then layered on frayed cheesecloth from my stash.
I then went round the front with the v shaped leaf applique trim (I cut it in half up the centre and then snipped between all the sections so that it curved without puckering)
To soften the look I added two layers of gathered trims from my own stash, the chiffon trim is available in Shabby is Chic Boutique store.
Then I had the fun of decorating I took the chiffon flower lace collar trim and snipped the flowers off them and made it in to just a flower, with more layers. It turned out so pretty!
I used the lace to make a pocket on the reverse of the plaque to add a tag.
I used the tassel under the chiffon flower and added 2 butterfly appliques back to back and attached them on to the thread of the tassel, I also added one to the front of the plaque.
I then took a cardboard butterfly template and added lots of scraps from my DT kit to give the butterfly a fabric softer look, I used the leaf tassel trim and used one leaf as the body and on top of that I added the pearl and rhinestone trim to give it a little bit of sparkle. I also used the same technique on the other butterflies.
I used some of the small resin roses to add some more depth and interest to the plaque and I called the front done.
On the back, I removed all the pearls from the dangle sections on the lace and replaced them with the resin roses they just looked so much classier, the pearls were easily removed with just heating it with a heat tool for a minute and gently picking them off leaving the lace with no blemishes.
I then took a small section of cream satin ribbon to make a hanger, I adhered it with hot glue and added one of the flower dangles over it to disguise the ribbon and just make it look more clean lined.
And again I added a small resin rose to give it the finishing touch.
I hope you enjoy this project.
Thanks for stopping by today!
White Tassel Lace Trim
30.5cm Venise Lace *1/2 yard*
Clear Rhinestone and Pearl Mesh Trim
Lace Flower Dangle Collar Trim
10 mm off white flat back roses